Crash Prevention Course
A highly interactive program that focuses on the consequences of unsafe driving behaviours and aims to reduce the number and severity of accidents.
- Address general road safety issues and issues specific to experienced drivers such as overconfidence
- Why accidents happen
- Managing your environment, vehicle, speed and safe distance
- Managing your concentration and fatigue levels
- Use of technology for vehicle safety
Diverse training resources are adopted and include:
- Simulation software showing over 50 different driving situations and critical events that may lead to a vehicular crash
- On-board camera videos of real-life crashes and near-misses
- Compelling mini-documentary about a driver’s personal experience in a fatal crash
- Short video clips on individual topics
What are the desired outcomes?
- Raise driver risk awareness on the consequences of unsafe driving behaviours
- Encourage self-observation and promote learning opportunities
- Improve road safety best practices among commercial drivers
- Reduce the number and severity of accidents
Who should attend?
- For all new and experienced drivers and fleet supervisors / managers
What is the duration?
- 8 hours (currently conducted via zoom)
What is the certification?
- All participants will receive Certificate of Completion from AAS Academy & IRU on successful completion of workshop